Preparing Healthy Baby Foods at Home
Preparing healthy baby food in your home is efficient, practical and simple as well. When your money is tight, you can easily create your baby food at home. Baby foods found in stores are safe and convenient but many of them contain lots of sugar, starch and water. Home-made baby food contains all these in lower amounts and in a more natural way. Thus, instead of going to the market and spending money on packaged baby food, you can buy grains, meats, fresh grown vegetables and fruits, and prepare baby meal at home. Your baby will be fed very good meals and you can also know about the specific elements that are preset in his food. This can also help the baby in the long run when he/she will start eating food like a toddler.
Babies do not need to consume any solid food before 4-6 months. Babies who are younger than 6 months have not learned how to swallow. If they are given solid food before 6 months, then they will push out the solid food due to the sucking reflex of the mouth. So, it is always suggested not to give any solid food before 6 months old as forcing it down through babies’ mouth at this age may cause the baby to choke or gag. Once he/she turns 6 months old, you can feed him solid food but make sure to give small lumps and lightly textured.
Baby Food and Appliance Safety:
Make sure that you will prepare the food very carefully. Also, choose ideal appliances as you need particular accessories to prepare your baby’s food. You can found different baby food machines as well as packaged baby food in the shops or stores but choose everything very carefully as the food you give now to your baby will show effect in the future.
- Be sure to wash your hands and clean all the utensils or equipments before you are preparing baby food or feeding your baby.
- Rinse all the fruits and vegetables and peel skin of all these. Remove all the seeds from fruits. Make sure everything is fresh and not left over.
- Also, if you are preparing baby food at home, then check carefully that raw foods are cooked properly.
- Not left the baby food alone at room temperature for two hours or more after preparation as the bacteria can grow. If you baby does not eat, then you should refrigerate the food.
- Don’t add any seasoning like sugar, honey, salt or sweetener. Babies under 12 months old can be ill or containing seasoning foods like honey, corn syrup etc. and can destroy the digestive system of your baby.
- Mash the foods until it is soft or semi solid so that it would be safe for the baby to consume without choking.
Why listing with us: If you don’t have enough time or not able to prepare baby food at home, it is always suggested that you should consult your baby’s doctor and buy food from the shop that could be the best suitable for your baby. There are lots of baby food brands in the market but choosing the best one that contains healthy and quality food is always the right thing to do. So, if you are looking or searching for quality baby food then come to our website as you will get lists of baby food products and brands here that may help you. Also, we are welcoming all the baby food products owners to list their business on our website so that parents can easily get to know about you.